Here’s a great way for patients in braces to bite into their pizza! The recipe got all 5 stars at Taste of Home!
- 8 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Pizza sauce, warmed
- On four slices of bread, layer one slice of mozzarella, two slices of tomato, 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese, a dash of garlic salt and six slices pepperoni. Top with remaining mozzarella and bread. Spread outside of sandwiches with butter.
- On a hot griddle, toast sandwiches until golden brown, 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve with pizza sauce.
1 sandwich: 495 calories, 31g fat (16g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 1121mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.