Before October ends, be sure to make a pot of chili because October is National Chili Month:
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ chicken broth
- 2 cans (19 oz each) Progresso™ cannellini beans or 2 cans (16 oz each) great northern beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups shredded or cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese (8 oz)
- ¾ cup sour cream
- In 4-quart saucepan, mix chicken broth, beans, chicken, chiles, cumin and pepper over medium heat.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Gradually add cheese; stirring until melted. Remove from heat, stir in sour cream.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) or crushed red pepper flakes if you like a little more heat.
- Chopped fresh cilantro or chopped red bell pepper would also make nice additions to the soup.
Recipe from: www.pillsbury.com