Watermelon is a delicious summer snack! So why not make this fun spin on a traditional Caprese Salad.
- 3 sprigs fresh basil, stems removed
- 1 small watermelon, fruit removed with a melon baller
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Trim basil leaves into small circles about 1 inch in diameter.
- Thread watermelon and mozzarella cheese on toothpicks, sandwiching a basil leaf in between. Arrange on a serving plate.
- Pour olive oil and balsamic vinegar over toothpicks. Sprinkle salt and black pepper on top.