We certainly hope that we’ll all be able to travel somewhere this summer (maybe even to see and hug your Grandparents). Here are a few items you should be certain to have on hand in addition to your toothbrush when you’re away from home:
- Rubber Bands (if prescribed to wear)
- Tylenol or Ibuprofen
- Floss & Threaders
- Proxy Brush
The following is intended to provide general information regarding how you might treat some of the more common orthodontic emergencies while traveling:
- Loose Band or Bracket: Leave it in place and try to put wax on it.
- Loose Wire: Try to put it back in place with tweezers. If you are not able to re-insert the wire, clip it using nail clippers behind the last tooth to which it is attached. Use wax if necessary.
- Poking Wire: Try to push it down using an eraser or use wax.
- Loose Appliance: Place wax on the appliance to keep it intact.
- Sore Teeth: Use warm saltwater rinses & take Tylenol or Ibuprofen as recommended.