Pepperoni Pizza Chili- Braces Friendly Recipe
Today is NATIONAL CHILI DAY! Why not try this award winning recipe.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, pizza sauce, pepperoni, water, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until heated through, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle servings with cheese.
Freeze option: Before adding cheese, cool chili. Freeze chili in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
1 cup chili with 1/4 cup cheese: 464 calories, 28g fat (11g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1240mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 33g protein. Compliments of www.tasteofhome.com