We sure hope all our patients get to spend the holidays with family! In case you get to travel to Grandma’s house for the holidays, here are a few travel safety tips for your braces!
Here are a few items you should be certain to have on hand in addition to your trusty toothbrush:
- Rubber Bands (if prescribed to wear)
- Tylenol or Ibuprofen
- Floss & Threaders
- Proxy Brush
Here are a few repair tips as well:
- Loose Band or Bracket: Leave it in place and try to put wax on it.
- Loose Wire: Try to put it back in place with tweezers. If you are not able to re-insert the wire, clip it using nail clippers behind the last tooth to which it is attached. Use wax if necessary.
- Poking Wire: Try to push it down using an eraser or use wax.
- Loose Appliance: Place wax on the appliance to keep it intact.
- Sore Teeth: Use warm saltwater rinses & take Tylenol or Ibuprofen as recommended.
If you have a problem while you are away, please call our office when you return home, so we can determine if a repair appointment is necessary. Tell Grandma we said Happy Holidays!