Braces Friendly Recipes: Quick Potato Nachos
We know our patients are probably missing nachos, so we thought we would share a recipe for a pretty delicious alternative made with potatoes instead of nacho chips!
- 1 ½ pounds russet potatoes, cut into 1/2 -inch wedges
- 1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Mexican-style seasoning blend
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- ¼ cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Combine potatoes, oil, Mexican seasoning, and garlic salt together in a bowl; stir to coat potatoes completely. Spread potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally until potatoes are crisp and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to a plate and top with Mexican cheese blend, black beans, diced tomatoes, black olives, green onions, and green chilies. From allrecipes.com