Summer is coming, and we are excited for so many reasons! One of the best things about Summertime is all of the fresh fruits and vegetables! These are so easy and can be made with frozen, or canned corn, but nothing beats the taste of fresh. And of course, they are braces friendly! (Just don’t forget to floss.)
- 2 cups of corn
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan, or cheese or your choice
- 1 handful cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoons oil
- Sour or heavy cream, for garnish
1. Mix the corn, cornmeal, flour, paprika, egg, parmesan, green onion, cilantro, lime juice in a large bowl. Add some water if the mixture is too dry.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon in a pan. Spoon the corn mixture into the pan to form patties and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Garnish with a dollop of cream. Enjoy!
Recipe and photo from Eatwell 101