How We Transform Your SmileNorth Seattle Orthodontics has great treatment options for patients of all ages and needs in, and around, Shoreline and greater North Seattle.
Early, Teen, and Adult Treatment
Parents always want the best for their kids, and at NSO we want to treat your kids like they were our own. According to the American Association of Orthodontists, kids should have an initial orthodontic screening at age 7. Treatment for common orthodontic problems typically begins around age 9-14, when all of the baby teeth are gone and many of the permanent ones are in place. We always want to have the minimal time in appliances as possible, so often we have children come back for observation visits to pick the perfect time to start treatment. We are happy to see children at any age and help to assess when is the best timing for their needs, developmental level and readiness.
There are more options now for teens in the Shoreline area looking for orthodontic treatment with braces or aligners. Keeping teens engaged and ready to participate in their treatment leads to better outcomes and faster treatment. We love to work with positive reinforcement and troubleshoot any road bumps to keep treatment on schedule. Middle school and high school are busy times and we want orthodontic care to be a positive experience.
At North Seattle Orthodontics half of our patients are adults. Appliance choices have made it easier for adults to get the smile they have always wanted. In addition to getting beautiful esthetic changes, we want to make improvements in function and longevity. Many adults realize that investing in a healthy bite and smile makeover can have benefits socially and professionally and give a great confidence boost. Dr. Lyons is the go to orthodontist providing braces for adults in Seattle.
Still a great option for straightening teeth, metal braces are made of high-grade stainless steel and remain reliable, effective, and economical for our patients. Today’s braces are smaller than those of the past and are lighter and more comfortable. Colorful elastics can allow a new look at each appointment in our Shoreline office.
Clear ceramic braces are a new variation on the traditional system that provides a far less noticeable method of treatment. They use the same components as traditional braces — except that the brackets on the front side of the teeth are made of a translucent ceramic material that blends in with the tooth’s natural color. This system has become a favorite for adults (including some well-known celebrities) because, unless you look closely, it’s hard to notice they’re there!
Invisalign Treatment in, and around, Shoreline and North Seattle
Hide your braces, not your smile!
North Seattle Orthodontics offers Invisalign® clear aligners which are an excellent option for both Teens and Adults. Invisalign clear aligners work the same way traditional braces do: by applying carefully controlled forces to teeth to move them into a better position. Instead of metal, they are made of clear, flexible plastic, ideal for anyone who wants to straighten their teeth discreetly. Tooth-colored attachments allow better control and elastics can be used with aligners so more patients can qualify for aligner treatment.
It’s Time For Invisalign
There’s never been a better time to straighten your teeth with the most advanced clear aligner in the world. Our office is proud to be a certified provider of Invisalign, which gives you a clear, convenient, and comfortable option to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
Why Invisalign treatment?
- Faster treatment: With a minimum of weekly aligner changes, you’re on your way to the smile you want even faster.
- Proven results: SmartTrack® material and SmartForce® features are clinically proven to improve control of tooth movement with Invisalign.
- Better fit: Aligners made from SmartTrack material are comfortable, fit well, and are easy to put on and take off.
- Effective: Invisalign can treat a wide range of teeth-straightening conditions, including crossbites, crowding, open bites, gapped teeth, overbites, and underbites.
- Virtually invisible: Most people won’t even know you’re going through treatment, because Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible!
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligner trays are not only smooth and comfortable to wear, but they’re also removable. That means you can continue doing all the things you normally would, from brushing and flossing to eating whatever you like.
- Convenient: Invisalign treatment is ideal for your busy schedule since you only need to visit our office every 8-12 weeks.
Schedule your appointment today!