January is NATIONAL SOUP MONTH, so we thought we would share a delicious Easy Enchilada Soup recipe just in time to make for the weekend!
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Onion, Peeled and Chopped
4 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 1/2 lb. Boneless Chicken Breast
2 tsp. Ground Cumin
4 c. Chicken Broth
2 cans (10 Oz. Size) Red Enchilada Sauce
2 c. Frozen Corn
1 can (15 Oz. Size) Black Beans, Drained
1 1/2 c. Fresh Tomato Salsa
- Add oil, chopped onion, and garlic to a large sauce pot. Place over medium heat and sauté for 3–5 minutes to soften.
- Place chicken breasts in the pot along with cumin, chicken broth, and enchilada sauce. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 15–20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pot and place on a cutting board. Add corn, black beans, and salsa to the soup. Chop or shred the chicken breasts and place back into the pot. Stir well, and salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with fresh toppings.
- Note: Possible toppings include shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped scallions, chopped avocado, cilantro, and tortilla chips.
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman