Some people are all set to file their tax returns early so here is some information you might be curious about concerning orthodontic treatment.  IMPORTANT: You’ll want to check with your tax accountant to confirm, but the IRS website ( states that if you itemize your deductions for a taxable year on Schedule A (Form 1040), Itemized Deductions, you may be able to deduct expenses you paid that year for medical and dental care for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents. (You may deduct only the amount of your total medical expenses that exceed 7.5% of your adjusted gross income.) We hope this is helpful!